Senior Sales Engineer
Who We Are:
MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson’s Media Solutions business.
Backed by Ericsson’s pioneering heritage and strong foundations – all fueled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences that enrich life.
We provide end-to-end video products for our customers, ranging from media platforms to video decoding. Our 1600+ employees are based in 29 locations all over the world such as France, UK, India, China, Israel, United States, Canada and more. We welcome pioneers and entrepreneurs who want to be heard. Your individual voice will be amplified; after all, we are media kind of people.
We are now looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to support the Sales organization with product and solution expertise in pre-sales, design, and delivery of customer projects.
The ideal candidate is an experienced technical sales professional adept at identifying, understanding the business and technical requirements of Cableco’s, Telco’s, Broadcasters, OTT providers and vMVPDs. The candidate should possess the highest levels of both technical and business acumen, being highly ethical and being able to understand customer business drivers for matching those to MediaKind’s portfolio of products, solutions and services. The candidate should be able to clearly articulate complex solutions and drive technology strategy discussions with prospective customers.
The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of technical and sales support experience in the media domain, be self-motivated, capable of leading technical sales activities, manage the day to day customer relationship and work closely alongside subject matter experts within MediaKind to achieve revenue goals.
- Responsible for customer solutions. Work closely with account manager and program director as part of a core 3 Sales team.
- Champion and be the customer voice on customer solution strategy needs within the MK organization.
- Employ a consultative sales approach to successfully position MediaKind’s portfolio into the leading Media Technology companies.
- Drive Proof of Concepts into customer’s lab for product evaluations. Provide demonstrations and scope customer trials.
- Work closely with Partners to complement customer solutions.
- Perform customer workshops and communicate on solutions, technology strategy, product roadmaps, customer feature requests.
- Develop relationships with key customer stakeholders from product, engineering and operations organizations.
- Support sales by contributing to a robust sales pipeline, leading to the achievement of personal and team quotas.
- Build customer solution proposals with MK and 3PP products and services.
- Actively build a network of contacts within R&D and Product Mgmt providing regular feedback from customers.
- Understand the customer vision and strategy. Capture requirements on technology and solutions. Provide inputs to MediaKind’s long-term technology strategy and drive product requirements.
- Drive customer expansions/dimensioning of existing solutions and/or new solutions.
- Be the trusted technical partner to our customer and advise on solution life cycle management.
- Expected travel between 25% and 50%.
- Education: Bachelor’s in engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in solution architecture, sales support, sales engagement in the media and entertainment industry.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the end-to-end digital media ecosystem, architectures, live and on-demand video workflows including signal acquisition, encoding, publishing, ad serving, online video platform services, content delivery, subscriber management and client-side applications.
- Interactive engagement and partnering with customers for sales.
- Developing customer requirements, scoping and offering optimum solutions, providing detailed solution presentations to mid-level and upper management.
- Support customer targeted technology events, supporting account team and/or channel partners.
- Extremely self-motivated, attention to detail and desire to deliver results.
- Proven track record of success with customer focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including formal presentation skills.
Technology is constantly advancing, becoming faster, smarter and more efficient – uniting billions of people all over the world and allowing us to consume more media with greater ease, every day.
We understand the power of media and how it is evolving. It runs in our DNA. It’s our passion.
With our pioneering heritage and strong foundations – all fueled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences.
We are uniquely positioned to help shape and lead the future of global media technology. Our award-winning technologies established industry heritage and forward-thinking experts equip organizations with the end-to-end technology solutions needed to embrace media of all kinds.
We are opening the eyes of humankind, enabling people to be involved in inspiring stories, iconic moments, and world-changing events – on any screen. We are media technology innovators – imagining the unimaginable and driving the human entertainment experience forward for everyone, everywhere.
We are MediaKind
Visit www.mediakind.com for more information
What MediaKind Offers:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- RRSP/DPSP Match Plan
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunities:
MediaKind embraces our employees’ differences to use our diversity in a positive and constructive way.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
MediaKind complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, MediaKind supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and development.
- Pay Type Salary