Who We Are:
MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson’s Media Solutions business.
Backed by Ericsson’s pioneering heritage and strong foundations – all fueled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences that enrich life.
We provide end-to-end video products for our customers, ranging from media platforms video decoding. Our 1600+ employees are based in 29 locations all over the world such as France, the UK, India, China, Israel, United States and more. We welcome pioneers and entrepreneurs who want to be heard. Your individual voice will be amplified; after all, we are media kind of people.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively manage time/deadlines, work independently, handle various accounting functions, and work in a team environment. The Senior Accountant will also assist with managing Corporate Accounting. The position requires strong attention to detail, solid verbal and written communication skills, and excellent relationship building skills.
- Monthly close of the books for assigned entities and/or job functions.
- Maintain multiple General Ledgers.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
- Reconciles monthly balance sheet accounts and provides documentation to support balances.
- Be part of the team who will be maintaining the ERP system to ensure new tasks are created and to work with management to achieve a faster close.
- Assist with audits and preparing PBC items.
- Manage certain M&A related tasks.
- Ensure that assigned accounts for the organization are monitored and have been reconciled.
- Perform variance analysis and flux explanations.
- Assist in the maintenance, creation and monitoring of KPIs for the accounting areas to ensure a quality level of service to internal customers, providing regular reporting to CAO.
- Assist in the maintenance and establishment of new processes and controls consistent with a quality controls environment and drive improvements in efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of financial information and processes ensuring ongoing compliance with SOX and with US GAAP.
- Participate in cross-functional projects associated with accounting process or system changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting, finance or audit with advanced knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Technology is constantly advancing, becoming faster, smarter and more efficient – uniting billions of people all over the world and allowing us to consume more media with greater ease, every day.
We understand the power of media and how it is evolving. It runs in our DNA. It’s our passion.
With our pioneering heritage and strong foundations – all fueled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences.
We are uniquely positioned to help shape and lead the future of global media technology. Our award-winning technologies, established industry heritage and forward-thinking experts equip organizations with the end-to-end technology solutions needed to embrace media of all kinds.
We are opening the eyes of humankind, enabling people to be involved in inspiring stories, iconic moments, and world-changing events – on any screen. We are media technology innovators – imagining the unimaginable and driving the human entertainment experience forward for everyone, everywhere.
We are MediaKind
Visit www.mediakind.com for more information
What MediaKind Offers:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Match 401K
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunities:
MediaKind embraces our employees’ differences to use our diversity in a positive and constructive way.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
MediaKind complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, MediaKind supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and development.
- Pay Type Salary
- USA-Texas-Plano Office, Plano, Texas, United States of America