International Tax Manager
Who We Are:
MediaKind is the new identity for Ericsson’s Media Solutions business.
Backed by Ericsson’s pioneering heritage and strong foundations – all fueled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences that enrich life.
We provide end-to-end video products for our customers, ranging from media platforms video decoding. Our 1600+ employees are based in 29 locations all over the world such as France, the UK, India, China, Israel, United States and more. We welcome pioneers and entrepreneurs who want to be heard. Your individual voice will be amplified; after all, we are media kind of people.
At MediaKind, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
We are looking for an experienced International Tax Manager to become an integral part of a newly established tax department. The initial focus of this position will be managing the outsourced indirect tax compliance and establishing policies and procedures for value added taxes and withholding taxes for a large start-up company doing business in 26 countries.
- Review and approve all international indirect and direct tax returns as prepared by external tax advisers to ensure that the returns are filed in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide timely tax information to external tax advisers for the preparation of international returns and projects
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of the company to develop, coordinate, establish, document and implement business and tax procedures for VAT and withholding taxes
- Implement transfer pricing policies as prepared by external tax advisers and consistently monitor and oversee the exchange of goods and services between related entities within the global tax structure for compliance with these policies
- Assist with the preparation of the income tax provision and U.S. federal consolidated tax return
- Assist with implementing the OneSource indirect tax engine solution with the simultaneous implementation of the company’s new SAP ERP solution
- Assist external tax advisers with international tax examinations by various taxing authorities
- Assist the Director of Tax with special projects and assignments
- 7 to 10 years tax experience with both international indirect and direct taxes in a large multinational corporation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Taxation preferred. CPA required.
- SAP ERP and OneSource indirect tax experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage external tax advisers
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Solid working knowledge of federal corporation taxation and ASC 740
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels (staff to executive level) and with all company departments (Operations, Sales, Accounting, Treasury, Legal)
- Ability to develop positive relationships with all MediaKind personnel, external advisers, and internal and external auditors
- A desire to create new policies and best business practices, and resolve and mitigate tax matters
Technology is constantly advancing, becoming faster, smarter and more efficient – uniting billions of people all over the world and allowing us to consume more media with greater ease, every day.
We understand the power of media and how it is evolving. It runs in our DNA. It’s our passion.
With our pioneering heritage and strong foundations – all fueled by deep innovation, we have a single goal in mind: to enable our customers to create and deliver immersive media experiences.
We are uniquely positioned to help shape and lead the future of global media technology. Our award-winning technologies, established industry heritage and forward-thinking experts equip organizations with the end-to-end technology solutions needed to embrace media of all kinds.
We are opening the eyes of humankind, enabling people to be involved in inspiring stories, iconic moments, and world-changing events – on any screen. We are media technology innovators – imagining the unimaginable and driving the human entertainment experience forward for everyone, everywhere.
We are MediaKind
Visit www.mediakind.com for more information
What MediaKind Offers:
Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Equal Employment Opportunities:
MediaKind embraces our employees’ differences to use our diversity in a positive and constructive way.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
MediaKind complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, MediaKind supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and development.
- Pay Type Salary
- USA-Texas-Plano Office, Plano, Texas, United States of America